The Autosoft Support team has seen an increase in dealerships impacted by the nuke.Africa and Diesel@nuke.Africa malware. Keeping your dealership operating efficiently is our biggest priority, so we have put together the following information to keep you informed and help you ensure that your computers are secure.
What is nuke.Africa and Diesel@nuke.Africa malware?
nuke.Africa and Diesel@nuke.Africa are ransomware attacks that lock the files of infected computers, demanding payment to unlock them. Payment will not, however, actually unlock the files.
How would my computers get infected by this malware?
Your computers can be impacted if infected email attachments or online documents are downloaded.
What can I do to protect my computers?
We recommend taking immediate action and ensuring that all critical data is backed up. (For Autosoft DMS Hosted Solution users, your critical data is already automatically backed up.)
You should also follow these additional tips:
- Make sure your anti-virus and anti-malware software and firewall subscriptions are up to date
- Make sure your computers are all protected with anti-virus and anti-malware software and firewall subscriptions
- Use strong passwords and change them every 90 days
- Don’t click any of the links within an email if you don’t know the sender
- Be sure you know the website is valid before you download anything online
- Create a recovery plan for the case that you are struck with a virus
If you want a proven recovery plan for your DMS system, check out Autosoft’s Cloud Backup and Business Continuity services. These services will save you time, money, and hassle with their automated, no-equipment-required data backup, retrieval, and restoration services. Click here to learn more.